Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A wheel chair for Ricardo's Mom

I met this man named Ricardo.  His mother is 94 years old and a little senile.  She needs help getting to the bathroom and church because she can't walk by herself very well.  His youngest sister has downs syndrome and went blind 3 year ago.  She also needs constant help around the house.  Ricardo can't work very much because of the care they need.  He has opened the front of his house and runs a small store there, but it doesn't provide very much money.  
A few days after meeting Ricardo, my lead worker (Gonzalo) and I, were looking at a project for another family.  They needed a new roof.  While I was there I saw a wheel chair sitting in the corner.
I learned that this family's mother passed away at 112 years old and the wheel chair wasn't needed anymore.  It needed a little work, but they were willing to give us the wheel chair for Ricardo's family in exchange for the new roof.  We would have done the roof even if they didn't have a wheel chair, I am just amazed at how God can put pieces together to help everyone out!

No comments:

Post a Comment